Welcome to the St. John’s Catholic Primary School Website
Welcome to our website. We hope that you will find it useful and informative. Our aim is to give newcomers to the school an insight into the aims and ethos of the school and to provide our pupils and parents easy access to information they need and news about what is happening in our school community.
St John’s is a Roman Catholic Primary School for pupils aged 5 – 11. At St John’s we aim to provide an environment where learning is enjoyable and where children feel safe and happy. We believe that every child is a unique individual and we encourage them to explore and develop their learning skills, grow with confidence and enthusiasm, learn how to accept responsibility and, very importantly, strive to reach their full potential.
Ofsted Inspection June 2013
During the visit in June 2013 the Inspectors confirmed that our school has continued to improve since the last inspection. Inspectors were particularly impressed by:
- The excellent behaviour of our pupils which contributes strongly to the good progress made in lessons.
- The outstanding provision for spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
- The outstanding pastoral care for its pupils
- The good relationships with parents and parental support for the school.
- The good provision in the Early Years Foundation stage which results in pupils making a strong start to their school life.
- The rich and imaginative curriculum experience provided for all its pupils.
As a faith school, the Catholic ethos of St John’s is at the heart of all we do. This is demonstrated in our school liturgies, school council, play leader scheme and individual award programmes. With the school community, parents and parish we provide children with a safe and happy learning environment.
We always welcome parents who wish to look around school. Please contact the school to make an appointment.
Jesus Christ is the centre of St. John's Catholic Primary School. Inspired by His presence among us:
- We educate all our children to learn, develop and fulfil their potential
- We aim to provide a secure, loving, family environment
- We value and nurture each person's gifts and talents enabling all to grow in the knowledge and practice of the Catholic Faith
- We seek to accompany each other as we serve our community and journey towards God
“I am the vine: you are the branches” (John 15, verse 5)