St. John’s is a Catholic Voluntary Aided Primary School within the Diocese of Shrewsbury and the Shropshire Education Authority. The School has been in existence since 1856, providing education for the children of the Catholic community of Bridgnorth and the surrounding district. The original site was behind St. John’s Church, now the parish hall.
The present School is a single storey building, built in three phases since the 1950’s. There are seven classrooms, a PAX (peace) room, a Computer suite and Library, an administration area and hall, with County Council kitchen attached. It is situated within its own grounds, having a playing field, a trim trail, buddy benches and two playgrounds. Each classroom is equipped with class library and wet area. Interactive whiteboards and projectors are fitted into all classes.
The School Ethos and Values
We provide a sound secular education within the framework of a strong religious tradition and background. We recognise the need for the development of the whole child – academically, spiritually, socially, morally, in artistic, creative and sporting achievements. This provides the basis for their future school and adult lives.
We develop every child’s talents to the full. As part of that we subscribe to NACE which enables us to support our gifted and talented children. Please click on the following link for more information about the work of NACE. www.nace.co.uk
The School prides itself on being a caring community, which promotes good attitudes in the children.
The Mission Statement provides children, parents, staff and governors with a focus for our aims and intentions.