St. John’s School has an active Parent Teacher Association (PTA) (member of the NCPTA) which organises and supports social and fundraising events and activities during the school year.
These are a great opportunity for children and adults alike to have fun whilst raising funds for those ‘little extras’ which can do so much to enhance the educational and physical environment of the school.
Who is on the PTA?
Did you know that all parents / guardians of children attending St. Johns are automatically members of the PTA?
There is a PTA Committee which decides on and co-ordinates all events and activities. Members of the Committee are parents of children at the school, and teacher representatives, including the Headteacher. There are a number of named officer roles – Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer, Secretary and Press and Publicity Officer. Each member of the Committee serves for a term of 4 years. St. Johns PTA Committee meet at regular intervals during the school year, usually once each half term. All meetings are advertised in advance and minuted.
PTA supported projects:
Due to the fantastic generosity of St. Johns children, parents and friends the PTA has purchased, or contributed to, a number of projects over the last few years, including:
- Books for the classes
- Classroom resources e.g. Talking Tins / Classroom Projectors
- Playground markings
- Forest school equipment, including mud pit!
- Sports equipment
- Garden for KS1 children
- Raised vegetable beds for each year group
Events & Fundraising
The following is list a sample of the events which have taken place over recent years:
- Christmas Cards – each child producing their own original design for parents / friends to buy
- School Calendar – featuring fantastic self-portraits of every child in the school
- Social Event for adults – Ceilidh / Quiz and Curry Night/wine tasting
- Cake Stall in Bridgnorth High Street Saturday Market
- Summer Fayre
- Monster Sleep-over – a favourite for all Year 4 and 5 pupils!
- Cinema / Theatre Trips
- Royal Wedding Street Party
- Christmas Discos
- Olympic Games Party
- and many more…
How can you get involved?
Having heard all about us, we hope you will want to become actively involved in the PTA and help organise events or even join the PTA Committee! The PTA are always delighted to welcome new active members and we would encourage you to join us.
Look out for PTA information and news on the website, school noticeboard, via the school newsletter or contact the PTA through the school office.
We look forward to hearing from you!